This one day course provides a functional overview and hands on experience using ArcPad and associated hardware. You are introduced to the ArcPad interface and guided through some of the common issues that are encountered whilst field mapping with GIS, including hardware constraints of Windows CE and Mobile devices and hand held GPS units.
- Display a variety of data in ArcPad.
- Navigate to known features.
- Learn how to create ArcPad Photo and Graphics Layers.
- Verify and maintain existing data.
- Identify the issues surrounding data integration.
- Connect a GPS and display position
- Capture point, line and polygon data with and without GPS input.
- Learn how to use the ArcPad snapping rules for data editing
- Use the ArcMap tools available for taking data to and from ArcPad
- Use Basic GPS operational procedures
Made in Australia
Many specialist software courses are developed in the USA. Our course has been built for Australian conditions. Rest assured that we do still adhere to the usual ESRI training standards. The course also appeals to a broad cross section of users from Botanists to Engineers.
This course is for trainees with a basic understanding of GIS. Trainees should also be familiar with Microsoft Windows and Windows Mobile or CE.
- Instructor presentation of topics, concepts and techniques using slides and live demonstrations
- Practice sessions; each student receives a work book that guides them through realistic ArcGIS activities.
- Questions and discussions.
Our trainers have over 10 years of experience and work with GIS every day, they know how to apply the technology to a variety of situations. You can use us to bounce your ideas and help you better understand the software in your situation.
Course participants will receive one month of free telephone support on the course material.